Union Corner is a space for the local community to come together for events, workshops and to try out new ideas to improve the local area. Find our how we created this space.
We have new free workshops starting in partnership with On Course South West find out more and book a space here.
What’s on or coming soon?
- 9am – 12pm – Being Together in Conversation, starting 12 June, a new set of conversation circles running for 6 weeks… for more info and to book your place pop into Union Corner
- 1 – 3pm Union Street Party drop in, do you want to get more involved; have ideas and want to help with Union Street Party? Come along and help us plan and make 2017 a party to remember! Put the 24th Sept in your diaries and get ready to party!
- 3 – 4pm come along and learn Tai Chi with Trevor, classes cost max £3 per session – the more that come the cheaper the class! All ages and abilities welcome
- 7.30 – 9.30pm Singing Drum – every other week (1st and 3rd Mondays of each month) come along and get involved in some drumming and signing… £5 – 7
- 11 – 2pm Tea, Toast and Treats… Stonehouse Timebank, Plymouth Community Homes and Devon and Cornwall Housing host a free drop-in.
- 6 – 7.30pm Cubs
- 12 – 1pm Yoga Therapy (starting 17 May for 6 weeks) Pay what you want. Yoga can reduce anxiety, low mood, back pain, shoulder pain and sciatica. It can help you gain peace of mind and build strength. To book a place call Jason 07828768053
- 2 – 4pm Stonehouse Timebank pop in for a free cuppa, homemade goodies and do some gardening.
- 10.30 – 12.30pm – PADS (Plymouth Anxiety and Depression Support Group) run by Kerry McManus who says “Are you like me and struggle day to day with your mental health? Would you like to meet others that are going through similar day to day issues in an informal setting? Why not join us for a chat and coffee?”
- Every other Thursday between 1 – 3pm Healing (next one – 11th May) 30 mins of non-touch spiritual healing – pay what you can. To book a place pop in to Union Corner or call 07868 728298
- Every other Thursday 2 – 4pm – Men’s Group – 2 hours for men to talk about their mental health and wellbeing with Dave from MIND, if you want to find out more call Dave 01752 513694 (next one – 18 May)
- 10.30 – 12.30 – Tattoo Design with Doc Price, learn how to draw for free
Special events in May
- 100 Homes meeting – come along on Monday 8th May 2 – 4pm to find out more about the Heritage Lottery funded oral history project being run by Stonehouse Timebank.
- Take Back Control – 13 May in the Red House (Plymouth School of Creative Art) – if you’d like to go, book a ticket and for free tickets use Plymouthtbc17 code https://takebackrealcontrol.com/tickets/
- Palace Theatre Meeting – 15 May 7 – 9pm, run by local resident who is looking to see how we can call respond to save The Palace Theatre 7pm – 9pm
- Naturally Vegan Elevenses – all day event 11am – 6pm Staturday 20th May
- 100 Homes Exhibition – 31st May 6.30pm opening night
Special events in June
- Naturally Vegan Elevenses – all day event 11 am – 6pm 17th June
- The Big Lunch – come along with food to share and help us celebrate the Big Lunch at Union Corner 18 June 11.30am – 3pm
Use the space…
Union Corner is available to book for £10 per hour or £5 for residents who want to try something new in the community.
If you would like to use the space please get in touch!